New sound gadget 😇

Both loving good sound and gadgets can be hard, and sometimes quite expensive. But the pleasure of good sound makes up for it. 


Yesterday I bought the DiGiGrid Q headphone amp. This is studio equipment so I had my expectations set very high. Luckily it delivered as hoped. I was not let down. 


There are several ways to connect sources to it. Bluetooth, analog input, AES EBU and WSG are supported. Yup, you noticed, no USB!! The “easiest” way to connect from pc is either Bluetooth or through Ethernet (WSG). It uses network layer 2 for communication so it’s not routed in any way. Only to be used directly from computer or through a switch. It can get power directly from Ethernet if you are using a POE switch. On your computer you have to use additional software to send sound to this box. Maybe overkill for one single box but these boxes can be hooked together with several other boxes and studio equipment etc so it kind of makes sense. 



It is a great partner for my Ultrasone DJ Signature set. The sound is very pure and not too coloured. If you want changes to the sound “picture”, make your changes on the source device. 

The build quality seems very robust and solid. Hopefully I will get many good listening hours from it. 

So far I am very satisfied with this combo. 

Peace out ✌️

Kommentarer